Monday, December 31, 2007

Who you are Makes a Difference - Part 2

. . . Continuation from previous post

Imagine. He thinks I'm a creative genius. Then he put this blue ribbon that says ''Who I Am Makes a Difference'' on my jacket above my heart. He gave me an extra ribbon and asked me to find somebody else to honor. As I was driving home tonight, I started thinking about whom I would honor with this ribbon and I thought about you. I want to honor you.

''My days are really hectic and when I come home I don't pay a lot of attention to you. Sometimes I scream at you for not getting good enough grades in school and for your bedroom being a mess, but somehow tonight, I just wanted to sit here and, well, just let you know that you do make a difference to me. Besides your mother, you are the most important person in my life. You're a great kid and I love you!''

The startled boy started to sob and sob, and he couldn't stop crying. His whole body shook. He looked up at his father and said through his tears, ''I was planning on commiting suicide tomorrow, Dad, because I didn't think you loved me. Now I don't need to.''

Helice Bridges

This extract is from the book titled ''Chicken Soup for the Soul'' by Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen

3 comments:

Faisal Poilkav said...

Its quiet interesting

Mykro said...

Thanks for your comment Faisal, it definitely has some depth in meaning doesn't it?

Work at Home Online Jobs said...

your character makes a difference in your world. change starts from within. so be positive and have a positive mental attitude. thanks for this.

thank you for following my blog! keep it up and lets make more money online!
http://pinoydeal11.blogspot.com