Sunday, December 30, 2007

How a King overcame fear through God - Part 4

I'd recommend to start reading this study from part 1. The link would be to the right in the December 2007 tab . . . .

I would also like to add that we need to seek God all the time not just when we are in trouble. Once God spoke to me that the reason so many people had problems all the time was because that was the only time they would seek Him. He showed me that if he removed the problems, He would not get any time with the people. He said, ''Seek me as if you were desperate all the time and then you won't find yourself desperate as often in reality.'' I think this is good advice, and I highly recommend that we all follow it.

Instead of immediately presenting the problem to the Lord, Jehoshaphat began to talk to the Lord about how mighty the Lord is. He turned his focus on the Lord instead of on his fear of the problem.

And said, O Lord God of our fathers, art not thou God in heaven? and rulest not thou over all the kingdoms of the heathen? and in thine hand is there not power and might, so that none is able to withstand thee?
2 Chronicles 20: 6

Instead of talking to God only about our problems, we need to talk to Him about Him. We need to talk to Him about who He is, about the power of His Name and of the power of the blood of His Son Jesus, about the great things we know that He can perform and has already performed. After we have praised and worshiped Him in this way, then we can begin to mention the problem. I would not like it if my children only came to talk to me when they had problems - I want them to fellowship with me.

To be continued . . . .

No comments: