Thursday, December 20, 2007

How a King overcame fear through God - Part 2

Before reading this post, I'd advice you to read part 1, for this is the continuation of that post. The link would be to the right.

Then there came some that told Jehoshaphat, saying, there cometh a great multitude against thee from beyond the sea on this side Syria; and, behold, they be in Hazazontama, which is Engedi.
And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the Lord, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah.

2 Chronicles 20:2, 3

When Jehoshaphat was told that the ''-ites'' were coming against him, the first thing he did was fear. But then he did something else: He set himself to seek the Lord. Determined to hear from Him, he even proclaimed a fast throughout the land for that very purpose. He knew he needed to hear from God. He needed a battle plan, and only God could give him one that was sure to succeed.

We should develop the habit of running to God when we have trouble instead of people. We should seek God rather than our own minds or other people's minds. Ask yourself, ''When trouble comes, do I run to the phone or the throne?'' God might direct us to a person for advice, but we should always go to Him first to show that we honour and trust Him.

''Cancer is a word that comes with a great fear. No matter how many of my family members or friends told me God would take care of it, I was still battling fear until one of those nights about three o'clock in the morning when God spoke deep inside of my heart and said, ''Joyce, you can trust Me.'' After that, I did not experience the sickening fear again. I was apprehensive as I waited for the results from my lymph nodes test to see if I would need further treatment, but I still knew that I was in God's hands and whatever happened, He would take care of me.

As it turned out, I did not need any further treatment. We actually realized that through early detection, God had saved my life. I ended up thankful instead of fearful, and satan lost another battle.

To be continued....

No comments: